Polar Logistics has a successful long-term experience in the customs business and it is an official customs representative in Russia.
What do we start from in Polar Logistics? First of all, our customs clearance experts scrutinize an accompanying shipping document package, classify the goods according to the foreign economic activity commodity nomenclature, and advise our customers if they have to obtain any permits. This helps estimate and save the time necessary for customs registration of cargoes. This information is extremely important for our customers who tend to estimate time and money expenditures for all their operations as precisely as possible.
Our highly professional staff is the reason why Polar Logistics can offer customs registration of the goods in all the regimes, including:
- ATA Carnet issuance at airport and motorway customs offices both in import and export regimes.
- Exporting for warranty and post-warranty repair.
- Processing outside customs enforcement areas.
- Exporting goods to expositions: temporary importation/temporary exportation.
- Notification, obtainment of expert reports from the Federal Security Service.
- Dual-use item expert examination, permits obtainment, license obtainment from the Federal Service for Technical and Export Control.
- INCOTERMS (delivery DDP): carrying out international economic export/import activities on behalf of Russian companies.
Once the customs formalities are over and the goods are released into free circulation, the cargoes are delivered to warehouses of the customer companies.
Importing companies may decide to go through the customs formalities using just their own resources. However, unless they have proper experience in dealing with the customs authorities, required knowledge and expertise, they can make some mistakes that will increase costs. For example, when you transport a consolidated cargo using multimodal transportation, involving several means of transport and multiple loading/transshipment points, special attention should be paid to accompanying shipping documents paperwork. This is the case when it is better to resort to professional experts. You can find some recommendations concerning the “pitfalls” that you may face as you deal with customs registration of your goods in our blog.
Professional customs registration is our job. Polar Logistics Group is always at your disposal, just contact us via phone +7 (495) 604-42-35 in Moscow and +7 (812) 458-80-24 in Saint Petersburg.